Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Prepare for Promotion

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. 1 Peter 4:12-13 NIV

A good friend, who I call Mama really helped me awaken to something that I've been distracted to remember about God. She pretty much reminded me that since the first patriarchs, we along side with them were made to glorify God. Wow! Why do we expect things from God? Why do we think He owes us something, as if He was made for us, and us not for Him? Why do we have such a sense of entitlement?! *Sigh* I tend to fall short all the time, and forget that I wasn't brought into this world so I can demand of God things that I believed I deserved, but I was brought here to fight for Him and bring glory to His name.

So, with the trials the enemy or God has placed before me, I cannot demand of anything from God, but I can only ask for Him to teach me to be more like Him. I realized from talking to my Mama that I also do not have the biblical view of forgiveness. I am use to the Asian-forgiveness way which is don't ask, don't tell, don't remind, simply put, forget and move on. I struggled with this thought and asked God, how do I forgive, what is the biblical way, what is best represented by you to be forgiving. God answered and said:

Those who are ill-treated and suffer in accordance with God's will must do right and commit their souls to the One who created them and will never fail. 1 Peter 4:19

And so what is right? I must honor these people who harmed me and still love them through Christ. I will forgive them and hand them to God, asking that He take care of them and convict them of their sins.

My soul is at peace, "Unto you, O Lord, do I bring my life." Psalm 25:1.

Amen

Side Note: I have two blog readers! How exciting!! Thank you for reading. Granted I just feel like I'm journaling my thoughts, so now you know what I think of sometimes! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment