Saturday, July 24, 2010

Walloped, yet I arise and rejoice in Him



Picture below of a moth, chilling on a glass window of Starbucks Coffee on Madison street in Chicago, Illinois.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. Phillipians 3:12-13

Rejected, persecuted, displaced and thrown into the pits by one so dearest to me, this verse spoke to me greatly. As I move forward to a new place, a new community, a new connection...a different environment, God will never change and has stayed constant. It is because of You, my God, my Lord, my Father, that sustains me. I give you my life, take hold of me, as I let go of what I've left behind, and move ahead for what you've already sent your messenger to set before me.

Like a moth wrestling in the wind,
on a stained piece of glass
An ever changing environment,
Yet, alone, it rests in peace.
Undisturbed, unthreatened from its establishment
United and in awe of its creator.

I miss everything about you California...the people, the community, the friends, the family, the environment... but onwards to Chicago, I go, and my next adventure begins in New York.

Au Revoir!




No comments:

Post a Comment